Friday, March 21, 2014

Room-spiration: My Decorating Ideas

Hey guys! Springtime always gets me in the mood for redecorating, so I decided to show you guys a few decorating ideas from around my room.

I love having magazines and notebooks around, but I hate the cluttered look. Here I have a stack of magazines with my notebook on top, and a white starfish for some summery decoration.
Next on my desk I have my pen and pencil organizers. The blue container has little compartments that make it east for me to separate my pens from my pencils.
This is a desk drawer that I use for extra makeup storage. In the two boxes I have new makeup I haven't opened yet and makeup that I'm not currently using to save space on my desk top.

These are the clear, acrylic containers that I use to store my makeup in. The see-through drawers make it super easy to quickly find what I'm looking for.
The last thing on my desk is this blue container that I use to store my notepads. Storing my notepads upright instead of in a stack makes them much more accessible and easier to grab.
On my dresser, I have this initial-shaped jewelry holder that I use to store earrings and rings. I love the scalloped edges on the tray and the J shape to bring a unique, personal touch to my room.
My perfume storage is pretty unique. I used a silver makeup suitcase and left it open and filled it with all my lotions and perfumes. I think this is a great way to show off your items but also keep them organized in a way that doesn't feel like clutter.
For my extra change, I use an empty glass bottle. It looks even prettier the fuller it gets and it's a super easy DIY.
Lastly, I have this navy blue shelf that doubles as a coat hanger that I hang all of my purses on. On the shelf, I have a picture frame with a postcard from Chicago, a vase of fake pink roses, and some antique blue birds I got from my grandparents. To fill up some of the empty wall space, I cut three post it notes into heart shapes and put them on the wall.


That's all for my decorating ideas. I might be doing a makeup or perfume collection post soon, so comment below if that is something you would like to see. Bye guys : )





No comments:

Post a Comment