Thursday, March 6, 2014

How to get the Perfect Messy Curls

How to get the Perfect Messy Curls

hey guys!
 
So I love curling my hair, but on busy school mornings, I want something effortless and quick. That's why I wanted to show you how I curl my hair to achieve loose, relaxed curls that take less than 15 minutes, even on my thick hair (:
 

01 . Start by brushing out your hair and spraying it with a heat protectant.
 
02 . Gather your hair into a loose, high ponytail at the crown of your head.
 
03 . Set your curling wand to the highest heat setting. If you don't have a curling wand, just use a regular curling iron without the clamp.
 
04 . Taking a one inch section from your ponytail, wrap it around the curling iron and hold it for no more than 8 seconds.
 
05 . Instead of just letting your curl go, hold the curl in a spiral shape in your hand until it cools off. (This step is really important, this is what sets your curl and helps it last longer.)
 
06 . Repeat this step for the rest of the hair in your ponytail. I usually do about 6 to 8 curls, and I have pretty thick and long hair.
 
07 . Once you are done curling all the hair in your ponytail, spray it with a lightweight hairspray.
 
08 . After the hairspray is dry, very gently take out your hair tie.
 
09 . Run your fingers through your hair a few times to separate the curls, and spray with more hairspray if needed and go back and curl any sections that you missed.
 
That's it! It may seem a little lengthy at first, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it's so quick and easy! Let me know if you try this out on your hair in the comments below, and I would love to know if you have any more hair curling tips for me! Bye : )

No comments:

Post a Comment