Sunday, February 16, 2014

How to make: Strawberry Nutella Poptarts

How to make: Strawberry Nutella Poptarts

hey guys!
 
Sorry it's been so long since I last posted! My list of excuses include my school's musical being moved back a week due to snow days, being way behind on school stuff, and midterms. Ugh.
 
Now that it's getting closer to Valentine's day, I found this delicious looking recipe on pinterest and I thought I would share it with you!
 
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
I N G R E D I E N T S :
Store bought pie dough
Nutella
Strawberry Jelly
Egg Wash (1 egg yolk + splash of water)
Coarse Sugar
 
1 . Roll out the pie dough until its pretty thin. Then cut into 2.5 by 3.5 inch rectangles.
 
2 . On one pie dough rectangle, spread a layer of Nutella. Then spread a layer of Strawberry Jelly.
 
3 . Cut a strawberry slice into the shape of a heart (slice a strawberry lengthwise into slices and then curve out the stop with a paring knife to create the heart shape).
 
4 . Using the strawberry heart as a pattern, cut out a heart shaped hole in the second piece of dough.
 
5 . Place the strawberry in the center of the nutella/strawberry jam mixture. Top with the second piece of dough with the heart shaped whole.
 
6 . Using a fork, seal the edges. Brush the pie dough with an egg wash (1 egg yolk + a splash of quality water) and then sprinkle the top with a heavy dose of coarse sugar.
 
7 . Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes and serve!
 
There you go! A perfect breakfast for Valentine's day morning, and also pretty easy to make, too! Bye : )



p. s. I found this amazing recipe idea here.

No comments:

Post a Comment